Saturday, April 30, 2011

This Is Why You Don't Throw Out Vinyl Boys and Girls

This Is Why You Don't Throw Out Vinyl Boys and Girls: "

We recently saw in the Toronto Sun that an Elvis Presley fan is set to auction off his prized collection of vinyls. It is expected to fetch as much as $375,000 when it goes to auction later this week!


The man is called Steve Lacey, and he is set to sell 12,000 mint condition vinyl records, ones that he began collecting from around the world since he was just a little kid.


According to the Sun he said, 'It began when I was 11 and I heard he (Presley) had died. I got a paper round and spent everything on the collection. I worked five nights a week in a chippie (fast food joint) to buy more...Then I had to decide whether I wanted a mortgage or more Elvis records. I kept buying records.'


It will be auctioned off later this week at Bamfords in Derby, England, a spokesperson for Bamfords said, "It's probably the best collection in the world because Steve has records from so many countries."


Pretty awesome indeed, can you ever imagine your CD's going for that much...nope! This is yet another reason why vinyl is awesome, its collectible and is worth keeping long after you spin the record.


 "

No comments:

Post a Comment