Saturday, April 30, 2011

Elvis Costello To Release Vinyl Only EP

Elvis Costello To Release Vinyl Only EP: "

Elvis Costello swinging guitarAccording to Ology our main man Elvis Costello has announced the release of National Ransack, a vinyl-only EP of outtakes from his latest album National Ransom. The EP will be released on December 21st and will be exclusive to independent record stores. 


Costello explains about the release via his website:


"The first record for which I ever slapped down my own pocket money was a vinyl E.P. It was ‘Twist And Shout’ by The Beatles. For more than 45 years, record shops have been my reference library, my college and occasionally something like a church. I've happily left a small fortune in the collection plate. We should defend and celebrate those still open for business with our last breath. Music takes time. My first record label released three 45rpm singles to very little fanfare before it ever became clear that this music lark might become my livelihood and it has been quite lively, now and then. So, if this Extended Play release should be my last as we presently know them, it's a fine way to go out. At least until someone comes up with pill that allows us to hear new music. I believe scientists are working on this as I write"


 "

No comments:

Post a Comment